Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Only Way Out

I’m running as fast as I can, escape is the only thing I need.
Trapped in my mind I battle with myself and emotions, where from hear?


Misery overcomes my tired face as my heart can take no more.
A black cloud covers my body and I acknowledge it, give me more time I beg? I can’t go yet, I know I can make it; I know I can survive but my body tells me something else.


I look out from up above at all the creation of human life and falsehood of most things attached to it. What’s real? I can’t tell the difference anymore, overwhelmed with grief I walk forward and just look.


Words can’t describe how I feel about my life and the present outcome.As almost carrying everyone’s grief I pack it onto my shoulders, breathe I instruct myself, just breathe. My fatigue body paints to the floor where I begin to once again feel my connection with nature. God, please hear my cry, I don’ know where else to go, save me for everyone has left me to the wolves.


Blood begins to pour from the cut on my head and I stay still just looking at it, wondering if I will never see the light of day again. Where’s everyone? Mom, Dad, you promised you would never forsake me, where are you? The cloud once again pitches over me like a leach ready for my blood, with nothing I run and run and run.


Don’t stop I tell myself, you are a survivor, you are a destined child, you are a good person, believe it, preach it, walk with it. My legs fight to go faster as the cloud follows and then they stop. As almost slayed from the bottom of my feet I drop and see the only light I know to be one of a kind; my knees become my sanctuary.


Something that cannot be made, the beauty is indescribable.
It wipes my tears dry and seeps my blood.
Love is all I feel. Freedom is my reality.


"The [Only] way out is your [Only] way in....FAITH"


"Stay Sole-Phresh, Stay Fly, Until Next Time...Goodbye"

No comments:

Post a Comment