Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Can't Sleep

I can’t sleep. My desire won’t let me.
It runs like rapids through my body..
like a child in a maze,
running racing to one end, and back,
lost, happy.

I can’t sleep. My desire won’t let me.
My fingers..like cupid’s culprits,
like children feeling their way through the dark,
playing hide and seek,
seeking.

I can’t sleep. My desire holds my eyes open,
my gaze upon your shoulder where a piece of street light through the window rests,
gently like a butterfly.
My culprits want to touch you,
keep you up long past
any reasonable hour.

I can’t sleep. Desire, a drink of water just out of reach.
My tongue and lips are parched and
ache to drink you.

I watch a mermaid dream,
and I drift off..

A coin tossed into a fountain.
You in the middle,
ripples from your waist where you sit,
water trickling from the ends of your hair.
Your tail rises behind as you smile,
that smile that always holds me..
so close to now..
then a splash,
water drenches as you laugh
and I, dive in.

I can’t sleep..


"Stay Sole-Phresh, Stay Fly, Until Next Time...Goodbye" -Ace-

No comments:

Post a Comment