Saturday, August 15, 2009

Checkmate

I'm not a photo captured through your lens, as a fantasy to keep. The make-believe imagery in your thoughts, the mystery that you seek. I want you to see me as something real, not a threat or an intrusion.


For MY heart it is delicate and fragile, like silk threads entwined. Forming and shaping my frame of values, all my dreams in it confined. I shall laugh on the outside, while my innermost feelings are sad. For this universe so ever-changing, so much evil and so much bad.


My strength and always smiling eyes, to you I would gladly expose. But the deepest thoughts inside my soul, somehow no-one knows. For it's the fear of expressing the whole of me, in every minuscule part. During times of troubled friendship, you'll wage upon my heart.


The question constantly resurfacing, wherein lies the truth and what is a lie. Hard to read between the lines spoken. Reflections of obvious contradiction. Am I expected to waste more time, being a player in a guessing game? Contemplating if you want my friendship, asking if you feel the same?


It's only friendship that is needed, not of perfect devotion. Only a bonding of equal minds sometimes, a little more vested emotion.


Uncertain of your feelings and thoughts, or what you assume I need. No-one ever asked you to turn your back, to forsake the life you lead. What's needed is assurance of friendship. To hear you reaffirm that you want it.


Both our lives are drenched in choices, of that we should not forget. And the smallest choice will shape our journey, be it right or a regret. So why should we allow our fear, through uncontrollable measures, to blatantly ignore and disregard, what life gives us as treasures?


No false promises are needed. Just an open heart and honesty. But if you choose to leave this friendship, there's not much left to say. I'll just close the door gently behind you, never standing in your way.


Don't linger on the steps or at the door, the games to further play.
Why wait idle with no valid cause, without a reason to stay?
Move your last piece on the chessboard, let us end this game of fate.
Say goodbye as I'll shake your hand, you won the game. CHECKMATE!


"Stay Sole-Phresh, Stay Fly, Until Next Time...Goodbye" -Ace-

No comments:

Post a Comment